Ranching was, and still is, a way of life for many residents of the Southwest.
The museum’s display of local brands and hats worn by area ranchers is complemented by a western mural by Harvey Caplon that hung in the old El Cortez Theatre from the 1940s.
The chuck wagon was built in the late 1800s by A. J. Bullen. It was later purchased by the Pankey family, who used it for many years. This chuck wagon went on three trips to Palomas, Mexico in 1910. The purpose of these excursions was to bring back cattle—some of which were purchased from Pancho Villa—to the LM Ranch on Seco Creek.